Kit Rank: Bio
- Born Fort Worth, TX
- Attends Colorado Institute of Art, Denver
- Moves to New York City. Attends Art Students League and studies wood-block and screen printing with fellow Japanese students
- Moves to Santa Fe, NM
- Chef at Japanese restaurant to support life as painter
- Returns to Fort Worth
- Opens George’s Back-Door Restaurant, where Hip Pocket Theatre performs
- Moves to St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Lives in Old Lyme, CT
- Returns to New York
- Lives in Corleone, Sicily, Italy
- Currently lives and works in Texas
1986 University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
1989 April Sgro Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
1992 Old Lyme Art Academy, CT
1994 Morgan Rank Gallery, East Hampton, NY
1999 McKee Gallery, New York
2002 McKee Gallery, New York
2008 McKee Gallery, New York
2010 Freedman Gallery, Albright College, Reading, PA
Ken Johnson, “Kit Rank,” The New York Times, Weekend, Friday, September 17, 1999.
Deborah Everett, “Kit Rank,” NY Arts Magazine, v. 4, n. 10, October 1999.
Grady T. Truner, “Kit Rank,” ARTnews, November 1999.
Joe Fyfe, “Kit Rank at David McKee,” Art in America, May 2003.
“The Best in Painting: Kit Rank,” Medium Cool, Time Out New York, online edition
[http://www.timeout.com/newyork/section/art] Accessed December 13, 2008
“Kit Rank,” The New Yorker, Goings on About Town, December 15, 2008.
Roberta Smith, “Kit Rank: New Paintings,” The New York Times, Art in Review, January 30, 2009.
Faye Hirsch, “Kit Rank at McKee,” Art in America, April 2009.
Ron Schira, “Kit Rank exhibit features thought-worthy satires,” Art Review, Reading Eagle, Sunday, October 31, 2010.